Tuesday, October 7, 2014

https://vimeo.com/108208726

The idea was about overcoming my social anxieties in a setting where I feel very uncomfortable. I have this certain thing about Walmart- I hate being there because large crowds, and because I always feel like I'm being watched, or judged. In the video, I attempt to "take control" of my situation by manipulating the settings around me. They are only subtle changes, but small "victories," if you will. I hate seeing myself from the outside; I don't like seeing myself in photos or videos, or listening to myself in recordings. While the video itself was rather basic and simple, the process itself was difficult as I had to put aside all feelings and insecurities about being on film in a place that makes me feel uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment